Monday, October 14, 2013

a slice of my day

after such a long day yesterday, today was what i needed. enough love, enough friendship, and just the amount of alone time. now it's just me, my blanket, chubchub, and nell.  well, and my econ e-text.

i finished a movie that has been on my list for ages and it's getting me to think.
about sanity, life, death, trivial things, and what is important.  love. and orientation.
i kind of got really into it and started reading summary of the book, then more details about the book. and unlike what usually happens, i want to read the book still..despite the "spoilers".

wonderful acting and a beautiful score.  The hours.
"i have to face the hours after the part and the hours that"
not sure if i remembered that right...but there so many moments in the film that made me think.  so many perfect descriptions that helped me organized what i thought.  like when Clarissa realized the moment she thought (while watching the sun rise at dawn) was the beginning of happiness...was not the beginning, but really just happiness. hmmm ...Moment of pure happiness...

if you're interested, just message me about the movie i guess.

well, the soundtrack is definitely worth listening to.  classical instrumental scores tend to draw me into another world that i love...such as Pride & Prejudice.
anyways, i guess i should focus on my econ before my attention is drawn away.
i feel my movie watching rush closing in - not good when midterm is only 2 days away!

"I don't think two people could have been happier than we have been" - Woolf
makes me think how the person you love doesn't necessary have to be the one you're with. and if they are, it's really a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment