Tuesday, May 4, 2010

waiting waiting // National Geographic love!!

I'm waiting on facebook till it's 12:00 so I can be the 'first' to say happy birthday to Narada. I would call her, but she doesn't use a cell so if I call her house...I'm sure her parents won't be very pleased with the stalker me.
My gift for her sits right next to my laptop and I have written a letter-card! xD It feels so delicate, so I haven't touched it ever since I bought it. I'm so scared of ruining the perfect ribbon! I hope she does like my gift...it does have a meaning to it - a retarded one. Anyhow~

--

I spent an hour or 2 watching National Geographic! I was watching this excavation which was totally fascinating. Somewhat eerie...just everything in general was so perfect...the whole time, things were very subtle...it was so...exquisite. Definitely want to see and learn more about it. It was basically an excavation for a commerce vessel that was found few years ago. This documentary was from 2003. In 2003, they went back to the SAME place to look for this ship which was actually a Byzantine Empire! Isn't that amazing?

And the supposed 'eerie' fact is that...the ship was actually REALLY well perserved. They found another ship remains with a whole lot of jugs. It was so mesmirizing to see the mechanical archeologist, Hercules, reveal all these treasures! When Hercules dust off the layer of mud and icky stuff, the color of the jug was bright orange! There were NO barnicles or any sea creatures, nothing at all! The jugs were probably used by the people of Constantinople. There was a reference to this on this picture, which I am uncertain of...sadly.

Anyhow, it's just so amazing. -sigh-
I'm still feeling very blahh~ I just sat there, watching without blinking. It's so weird. -sigh- National Geographic always remind me of my Archeology dream I use to have...until I realized the pay is really low and it's hard to survive...if you don't find anything amazing. I actually thought that job would suit me. I get to see all these amazing things and travel and learn about history! I actually love learning about history. Henry VIII is just so amusing xP...in a weird sort of way.

Aside from that, basically...I just love the sea. So many mysterious waiting for us to uncover under the water, in space, everywhere! This is a time where I would wish I have 9 lives. =D
1. Be mafia boss
2. Take over the world as a King
3. Archeologist
4. Spoiled rich princess
5. Astronaut
6. Doctor/surgeon
7. Lawyer
8. Dolphin trainer
9. Manga Artist/Blogger

One day, I wish I can go visit the Black Sea. I realized I forgot to mention that. It's amazing, everything...the jugs and the ships, were perserved SO well is most likely because of the anoxic layer of the Black Sea, where there's no oxygen. The wood of the ships, the decks and everything was not eaten was because not a single sea creature is able to live in these poisonous water.

Anyhow, time for bed. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment