Thursday, May 6, 2010

super power!

If you asked me in the past: "If you could have any super power, what power would you want?", I would have responded with something like, the ability to fly, super speed (or something like the Jumper), fire, ice...something like that. Something...cool.

Now, I think I would like a power to...not really read minds, but to be able to just touch someone's hand and know everything about them. The thoughts they have thought about, the feelings they have felt before, their past, present, future? Well, future isn't that necessary, but yeah. Something like that. That sounds a bit like the girl from Evermore. I guess, more like...being able to be in someone else's shoe...that is the power I want. I think if I did have that power, I would be a wise person. Haha. But then again, if I did have any kind of powers, I would probably wish I don't have it. The cliché, but true, phrase: "You always want what you don't have."
Anyways, I think looks can be pretty deceiving. Not just appearance-wise, but everything in general. I was reading a bit of A Million Little Pieces and I came across the line where James Frey said, "Looks are not deceiving" (pg. 35), and for some reason...I laughed. I guess that's what lead me to ponder about whether Looks are deceiving or not. I suppose it's not just looks...(as I mentioned above), I think actions are included.

Does getting low grades (or failing) make a person stupid?
Does being born into a wealthy family and living a luxurious life make a person lucky?
Does a smile on a peron's face mean they're happy?
Does hanging and always talking to someone make them your best friend?
Does a more costly shirt makes it better than a bargained one?
Does looking pretty mean you're pretty inside as well?
Does helping others make you a nice person?
Does having a lot of friends make you less lonely?
Does having a well-paid job make you more prestigious than others?
Does being rich make you more prestigious?

Does being poor mean you don't have class?
Does being surrounded by people mean you're more well-liked?

Does knowing a lot of people mean you're popular?
Does reading a lot make you the smarter one?
Does being first place make you the winner?
Does being ahead of another make you the better one?
Does hanging with a person make you their best friend?
Does being right once mean you're forever right?
Does making an error mean you can't change (you're wrong for life)?
Does not being friends anymore mean you're enemies?
Does knowing big words make you the nerd?
Does having fun mean you're not studious?
Does caring about your marks make you a perfectionist?
Does not caring about your marks make you dumb?
Does talking a lot mean you're not shy?
Does talking slow make you demented?
Does not answering mean you don't know the answer?
Does listening mean you're respecting?

If only everyone (myself included) don't jump into conclusions. I really wish people would stop pretending to be thinking in other people's point of view when they actually aren't. Drop the wise act.
-I feel so annoyed of the fake-ness. I see people using each other everywhere, not that there aren't any who truly mean to help and are truly kind.

I'm not the perfect person, but I don't lie, that's what I can guarantee. No fake-ness from me, I can say that's for sure, but I am on/off. Haha. Anyways, I've been trying to probe into people...lately...for a while now. Been reading someone's blog and yeah...know more about them. I realized the people who I'm really alike, I don't talk much to...it's so weird. Don't know if they know it or not, but yeah, feels like a really weird bond...at least I feel it - not sure if it's a mutual feeling.

I want to do some art, but I don't know what to start...and I haven't finished my old projects. I'm still shocked I finished my mosaic...the poopy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment