Thursday, April 22, 2010

2010 movies

I am stalking movies, as usual, and I noticed...this year, 2010, there will be a lot of horror movies coming out! I'm actually not really happy with that news because that means I will have to be more aware of the trailers being aired on TV. x . x''' How bothersome.

Like, Predators is releasing. Nightmare on Elm Street, The Last Exorcism, Saw VII, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Piranha 3-D, and etc..

The good news, well...for me, is that there's some movies I find quite interesting.
I have already mentioned Creation before, and it's already released this year. xD I want to see Oceans...which is another Disney documentary...kind of like Earth, which I went to watch in imax with my sister and it was amazing! xD

There's also some pixar animation: Despicable Me, which I look forward to. Ummm....Shrek 4, Letters to Juliet, Salt, The Losers, Step Up 3-D, Takers, The Eagle of the Ninth and etc. I didn't exactly go through all. Of course, I realized there's a new Narnia coming out soon, Deathly Hallows Part 1 will be out, most definitely, as well as Eclipse. Not to mention..there will actually be a Paranormal Activity 2!

To be honest, I don't think the Paranormal Activity 2 will be any good. Actually, horror movie sequels tends to be somewhat...disappointing. In fact, more sequels are quite disappointing to me. I get so hyped about some sequels and they always go 'blah' on me. Like...Matrix. Well, I know Seed of Chucky sequels are scary. I'm not sure about the whole Alien Vs. Predator thing though...Saw, most definitely, has awesome scary sequels. Of course, I will not be watching any of these...maybe, just maybe, Resident Evil: Afterlife...just because I watched the first 3 movies and I must 'complete' my set.

Anyhow, 2 movies I will end up watching, but not looking THAT forward to is: The Last Airbender and Beastly.

For The Last Airbender, that's because the main character, Ang, should be Chinese! Like seriously...D: That's what I expected...not saying there's anything wrong with the other race, but yeah...=\ Anyways, I'm not too sure if they can make the movie as funny as the cartoon. The cartoon was split into 4 seasons...so I'm not exactly certain if they can fit 4 seasons into 2 hours while covering every detail and important aspects of the cartoon...

As for Beastly. Let's just say, I LOVE the book. I saw some snip-its, interviews and the short preview trailers for the movie and I'm quite disappointed already. First of all, I personally don't like Vanessa Hudgens, no idea why. I just didn't think she will fit the role. When I read the story, I didn't think of someone like her as the main girl. As for the 'beast', Alex Pettyfer (I think I spelled his name right), he's actually quite 'hawt' xD. He does fit the role, but what I'm not happy with is the 'beast' transformation!
-Beastly is a modernized version of Beauty and the Beast. The beast in the book was described as furry, and all...beast-like. Of course, movies are always different from the original novel, but still! At least he could seem more like a furry beast and have a more...bigger body (beast sized) or something. Like, for The Wolfman, I'm sure they made the werewolf more wolfy. They should've made him more Wolfy. D:

The problem with the current 'transformation' for me is that the 'beast' form actually resembles a zombie to me, more than a beast. Like...just some bald ugly zombie...not anything near a furry beast. He seems more..bald naked o-o''. I really really don't like it and I just can't stand looking at this beast form. -sigh- But of course, I will probably end up watching it and then judge the film overall. So yeah. =\


PRO-D DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment