Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Prestige

I have finally watched The Prestige, a movie I have been wanting to watch for ages! Once again, Scarlett Johansson is in it along with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman AND Michael Caine. It's a movie adapted from a novel written by Christopher Priest.

The music was very eerie, it actually spooked me out a little because it helped build up the suspense in the movie. The movie was awesome, very very clever, which I loved. At times, in the beginning, I was a bit confused because I couldn't exactly remember the name or remember the faces (my own fault xD), but once I got it after 20 minutes or so..haha..it was awesome. How everything work was very tricky, overwhelming, and mysterious. Magic is amazing. Obsession does bring the end of you.

I'm still so overwhelmed by everything right now. I just relyzed I got delayed...by 2 hours..Haha. So yes, I finished watching this 2 hours ago. Anyways, the movie shows a great deal of hatred, rivalry, revenge, obsession, trickery with a pinch of spooky-ness. I love all the gadgets in there, the mechanical stuff they incorporate with their magic. The machinery makes the movie more 'old' and I don't know...it just gives you that feel. I loved the movie, definitely.

-sigh- It's amazing how they keep outsmarting each other. All those lies, all those revenges they made and how sides just keep switching. One turns out more fortunate, then the other, then the other. It goes on and on, never ending until one ends...for real.

The Prestige, definitely the hardest stage in magic.

1 comment:

  1. THE PRESTIGE!! =D next to the illusionist, this is the best magic movie ever. I love how many movies you watched this spring break...i still have yet to watch An Education, sadly. But I'm really kind of scared to watch Precious...><

    ReplyDelete