Friday, March 26, 2010

An Education

I FINALLY WATCHED IT! (Just like what I said about every other movie I watched during this Spring Break xD) An Education is based on an autobiographical memoir of a British journalist, Lynn Barber. I am so in love with the actress, Carey Mulligan. I love her character in the movie and her accent! Man, I have an obsession with accents.

Anyhow, this movie is about a girl, Jenny Mellor, whose very clever and very very mature for her own age. She lives with strict parents, goes to a strict school and lives a very 'boring' life. One day, she meets a Jewish man, David Goldman, and he takes her to a whole different world. He brings her to jazz clubs, bars, Paris and buys her all these stuff. His world amazes Jenny and makes her feel excited. Obviously, Jenny fell in love with David. Even after learning about the 'dark' things David and his friends does, Jenny decided to overlook them because his world is so...exciting. So colorful, unlike her 'boring' life and doing 'boring' homework which has no points to it.

I don't want to spoil, but I love the movie. The acting was amazing and so was the plot, everything was awesome. I don't exactly know how to describe it, but I absolutely love the movie. I love the way Jenny thinks, not that I agree with it...completely. A life full of excitement is something I'm also looking for...


No comments:

Post a Comment