Monday, March 22, 2010

The Illusionist

I feel like I just wasted a wonderful sunny day. It's not sunny anymore. D:
Well, the good news is, I finally got to watch The Illusionist and I actually really love it. The tricks in there were so..mysterious. xD I really really liked it. =D I like the music in there too, definitely helped add some magic into the mood. The music sounds so enchanting, so magical. xD

Anyhow, I just really loved it. I noticed I really love the fashion in that time period. I actually love like...movies from that time period, but only western, not really China. o-o I don't like the
旗袍 (qi pao) period actually...Just a thing of mine, but I do love ancient China dresses and all that. Anyhow, the Victorian era fashion are very very elaborate and detailed which is why I love it. The Elizabethan era fashion is one of my favorite as well. Just in general, I find the European fashion back then very inspirational and just really really REALLY pretty to look at. Definitely art. ;D

Of course, I actually quite like the whole Egyptian and Greek fashion as well. The simple linen dress which helps emphasize their elaborate gold jewelry. Oh, how I wish I can go back in time. xD Yes, this is one of those moments where I wish I can go back in time, to see things, to meet people and to learn the truth! =D

Anyways, I just love looking at photographs, photoshoots and all that, even though I don't dress up much myself. For me, it's REALLY hard to shop. I actually kind of hate shopping for clothes. I never seem to find the right thing that will fit me. I look gross in colors. So basically, everytime I go shopping and buy something, they end up staying in my closet and never see another ray of sunlight ever again because I end up sticking to my black, gray, white and MAYBE brown clothing. =D

This summer, maybe I should change my style and start wearing bright colors? I'll see. Anyhow, I shall go watch some anime and take a break from movie. Maybe grab something to eat. Ah, I would blog about Kate & Leopold next!

Adios~

1 comment:

  1. o...my..god, we are like movie sisters. I LOVE the illusionist and kate and leopold was so good!! X3

    ReplyDelete