Friday, March 26, 2010

The Duchess

Although I have to wake early tomorrow (well, today) for my dentist appointment tomorrow, I just couldn't resist not watching The Duchess. I loved it, once again. The fashion was amazing, the acting was fantastic and the music was, again, wonderful. I love kiera Knightley. Her acting is always wonderful and she's just so gorgeous!

The Duchess is based on a true story about Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire. I really do pity her, her life is so tragic. She had to suck up everything her ridiculous husband does and just live on, knowing he's cheating! First, she had to raise his daughter as her own, the daughter he fathered with a maid! Then, he has an affair with her one and only BEST friend and continues to let her live with them, even after Georgiana had requested her to leave. The duchess had to live with her best friend, whose having an affair with her husband and watch the duke treat his affair's son more fatherly than his own daughters.

It's so sad, and the ending made me cry. -sigh- Her life has no life. Even though she's one of the most influential women, the fashion icon, and everyone loves her...her husband doesn't. He's probably the only person in all of England!

Anyways, I recommend this movie, definitely. The music was wonderful, the acting was REALLY REALLY awesome! xD

Now, off to bed I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment