Sunday, October 5, 2014

been a while again



So these last few weeks has been the most stressful time ever.  Lots have been happening and lots of emotional feelings.
I found myself, unexpectedly, getting very caught up with the protest in Hong Kong.  I have some very strong opinions regarding my position on this issue and a few political matters.  This whole situation made me realize that although I have always not want to be involved in politics, I should. be more involved and do something about it, rather than being the bystander (a position I really don't like) and neutral about the matter.  I don't think we should sit around and complain about things, not doing anything, and expect others to do it.

Not to sure what my move next will be, but my dreams and goals have definitely shifted from personal (to have a happy family, married and all) to something bigger (wanted to make a difference and help others).  Still generic, but...baby steps, haha. Of course, I still want what I wanted before, just I think I shouldn't be so selfish and thinking about only myself when there is so many things out there I can do.



I am typing this blind since I'm doing a clay mask without my glasses on.
Anyways, the song I am sort of obsessed with (along with a few others) making me feel the feels! The movie...sigh, so much feels!!

Definitely helping me sine I have been really stressed out and will continue to be.  Things with SEY has been a bit...sigh-ful. Things aren't exactly working out as it should in some departments and trying not to put the blame, but it really sucks when not everyone feel the urgency...and step up their game.  I have been attending every Jumpstart session for 6 hours or so on Saturdays (9:30-3), despite feeling exhausted after, so that it really "hits" me that things are happening.  I wanted to kind of experience the impact of what we are doing and see for myself the effects it could have on the participants.  So far so good, it's inspiring me also!
I added someone on LinkedIn yesterday! It was awesome, for a socially awkward person!

But yeah, essay proposal due on Tuesday, midterm already happened two weeks ago and another next two weeks, plus research paper assignment due and SEY sponsorship deadline!
I am still trying to squeeze in work out time as I can...but my skin is dying! Two 6-hour work shift is definitely not something I am use to..but kind of hard to refuse since manager is leaving and I said I was okay with it when I was being hired. Gah, life!

Anyways, a short update.  Other than being busy and not interacting with anyone non-SEY...being cut from civilization, I'm okay.  Thank you to those bearing with me! Taking the effort to text, call and sort of see me :)

Probably continue to be exhausted this next month with being out 6 days a week for over 8 hours each day...got to push until SEY final round is over! I'll try and update some music though.

Peace,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment