Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Tad Bit of Reflecting

Before beginning the New Year, just want to acknowledge the many experiences in 2013.  2013 was officially the ending of my first year in university and the beginning of my second year.  I have done so many things this year that I would have never imagined myself doing.  It was a tough year, no doubt, and had many experiences in life that were so rewarding.  I remember thinking, and still thinking, 2012 was on of my worse years with the toughest times for me, emotionally, and so I looked towards 2013 for a better year.  I can't say that it was a year filled with happiness, since I know there will always be down times, but I think I have grown a lot this year.

In 2013, I have gotten closer to my friends, my best friend, and undid the mistakes I have done (like isolating myself and discarded some people).  I joined case competition and won third place in one of them, bringing me closer to two great people.  In the summer, I have finally left my comfort zone and quit my first job to try something new, as well as participating in Frosh as a part of the OC team.  Another intense one month ish training with people I knew and got to know even better, forming a bond that can't be described in words...experiencing some of the greatest time ever. I also felt so lost, changing from Graphic Design (IAT) to Business and ending the year thinking of Communication or something...just not knowing what I want to do.  In this year, I worked at Aberdeen as a Customer Service rep, worked at my own school in the library as a part of the union, and now I am jobless...or as Andy call it: Andy's full time girlfriend.

This year of 2013, I felt my heart being broken, I cried and relied on others, I opened up to my dad, I fought with my sister, and I love the people around me even more.  I traveled to Vegas once more and got to see the amazing "O" show by Cirque du Soleil, which I will never forget.  I began the year, living in my blanket fort for a whole semester, crawling around and having time to myself.  I began watching anime again, korean drama, movies and just...learn to change myself.

Despite all the new experiences, I know that I have more room to grow.  Kind of vomiting out thoughts all over the place, but what I'm trying to say is: 2013, I have learned to grow and that I don't need to change who I am, but just how I think and react.  I need to stop counting every little thing, learn to be more adaptive and more understanding others.  I need to change my perspective and start thinking a bit more positive.  Need to work on my temper for sure.  Baby steps, haha.

I have plenty more to grow, thus, I look forward to 2014. 2014, I will try to keep my mind more open and try new things.  Can't wait to keep travelling around and doing what I always say I want to do.  I need to clean my room! I'm excited to learn more and get closer to my friends and family...and my boyfriend.
Thank you, everyone, for being by my side (though most of you don't read this any more or at all), but I really appreciate all that you have done for me and just...by being there. :)

Happy New Year! May 2014 be even more amazing and wonderful to you.  Best of luck :D

No comments:

Post a Comment