Tuesday, December 4, 2012

loong day at work (rant)

one of my worse working experience ever...
where i ranted many times already to several people (3 to be exact).

a customer actually poured/spilled coffee on my hand (which burned even more intensely due to my awful habit of biting my fingers so my skin was peeling ish) while i was trying to help him.
sad thing was, he didnt apologize and kinda chuckled and said: "hot, isn't it?" -- which led me to assume he has burned himself as well.  my friend kind of just found him weird and a little "off".

anyways, i had a non-stop working shift.
barely time to take a sip of water and place was just getting messier and messier with things piling up, dishes to wash, empty containers and everything.
i couldn't do anything because i kept having to brew coffee and make more lattes and cappuccinos.
don't think i have every mentioned this, but the espresso machine at my workplace only allows us to make 4 shots of espresso.
small cup is 1 shot, medium is 2 shots, large is 3 shots.
i received an order where i needed to make two small lattes and one large latte (no foam).  while i was trying to make the shots, more customers came and i had to deal with the register.
i prioritized dealing with the new customers because it would make it so much easier to know all the orders and half the people are just waiting to get just brewed coffee (which in our store is self served so i only have to give them the cup.) it would make sense to just satisfy those people and hand them with a cup.

at the same time, this asian "fob" lady just kept giving me the dead sting eye as if it's my fault the place (behind the counter...not outside the shop) was getting messy and i had to deal with everything.
when i did get onto the lattes...i could make the two small lattes and handed to them.
one of the small latte was the "fob" lady's "fob" friend and she was just like "eh, wait. i ordered a large latte" as if i was  an idiot. like, her freaking large latte was on the counter, i was waiting for another shot because she ordered a freaking large one! making my life that much harder and chaotic...having to dump and clean the handle quickly and get another shot of espresso while wasting the other just for her stupid large latte.

so the espresso shot was running and i decided to deal with the single waiting customer who wanted just a brewed coffee cup and i saw, in the corner of my eyes, the dirty look she gave me while whispering to her "Fob" friend. like really? can't she see the espresso is running and i really can't control it?
while i pulled the milk in, i could hear her like rushing me....and she is the one who asked for no foam!

i honestly think she has no idea what she meant by saying: large latte no foam - other than to sound "cool". why make this assumption? because after i handed it to her, she asked me: "no foam right?" ...i mean, can't you tell by looking in the cup? (we hand the coffee lidless to add sugar)

work just sucked.

my co-worker (who worked with my for an hour)...let's not get onto her.
to summarize: we are hired the same time. she was at the back during the rush (making paninis not that it's not important...but it shouldnt take too long to put some pre-cut ham and some cheese & lettuce on it). she was fixing her hair in the washroom during another rush. and she did not help me make much of the things and just - for some unknown reason - came out once in a while and put a bowl in the dishwasher - but did not check the brewed coffee levels herself nor fill the beans. ordered me to mop and check the coffee levels. and yeah, basically acted like she had superiority over me.

note: i don't think that just because someone ask me to do something . i think this because she treated me like i was stupid and just started working (just because she works almost full time in the morning and i work night shifts usually). asking me how many shots are in the large latte as if she's quizzing me and i don't know...
why not try helping me make something next time instead of wondering why im taking so long waiting for espresso shots because i just think it's "fun" to add more shots in because after working for 3 months, i don't know what i'm serving to people.

time for more antm. i need a break from work....(hah! dreaming)

No comments:

Post a Comment