Tuesday, October 30, 2012

maybe tsunami here?

living in an area that's under sea level, teachers through elementary and high school has been telling us...if we have a tsunami, we're going to turn into a puddle of mud...

after the recent panic on facebook status about the earthquake and potential tsunami news spreading around, it totally stirred the paranoia in my sister. emergency classes? yeah, going to be signing up.

i really don't know how i feel about this.
there was a moment where i started freaking out, like my sister, i packed up my favorite stuff animals and a few set of clothes, emergency food and etc. ....just in case.
that year they said we would have an earthquake or something.
in the end, nothing happened and every one cooled down again...never worrying.  i remember how during SARS moment...everyone went to buy masks...during H1N1, every store was sold out of hand sanitize...
after that phase of panic, when nothing happened, every one went back to their usual routine...

huge amounts of bottled water being bought? that phase was over.

for one thing, i know my sister is always cautious and even when the phase died down, she was still slightly wary of it...not just completely ignoring the fact that there might be a chance.

and after news about hurricane sandy, i thought about what i would do if this piece of mud was covered in water?
what would i do? what would i grab first? what would i think of?
i was reading on facebook, if you haven't seen, the post about what Dr. Richard Teo said before he past away (R.I.P)...
it made me think i was thinking about my belongings and possessions first.
well, technically, i see my stuff animals as a part of my family that has been with me in the darkness...so i guess that doesnt count?
but if anything really happened, my sister and family would be what i think of first. the safety of those who are close to my heart...

after talking to a friend about another close friend who has gone away for school in the east coast...made me miss her even more.  made me wish she was back so if anything happened in the east coast, i won't panic...and if anything happened here, she wouldn't be all alone there worrying.
so glad my dad is back for now. he's the chill kind of people that does not panic along with every one...ever. don't know if that's good or bad? at least i know one person in this household won't freak out and can actually think calmly.
anyhow...after all this information intake today, i am just grateful for the people i have around me.  for the stuff animals i have and for the possessions i'm fortunate to own...

if anything does happen,
i think i will be happy if there's peace in my mind...worry-free. so please do that for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment