Wednesday, November 24, 2010

what's wrong?

What's wrong with the past 2 weeks (including this one)? I mean, this week suppose to be chilled for me...but the homework load suddenly just blah-ed!
Thanks, Mrs. Chan, for giving more bio homework! I think it would've been okay tonight/tomorrow because I will only have to prep for Mr. Peter's Geo test, but no...now I have to draw an animal cell diagram, construct 2 charts on the function and structures of organelles in the two (Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic) cells, and another chart that talks about the differences and similarities of the animal and plant cells.

Like honestly, practically half of this assignment is the same thing! Why waste the effort, time, and paper to do all this? Is it just for torture? Go through all this intense and boring work just so we get a check mark...? Doubt she will really read through every chart created by every student (reading the same thing over and over again...)

I don't get why teachers give students pointless homework they, themselves, don't even want to mark. And then afterward, complain (not exactly) about how much work they have to mark and do. Well guess what? They're all self inflicted! =3='' I doubt I'm really learning by copying down the same thing 3 times again and drawing a diagram of some disgusting cells with organelles that gives me to goosebumps...-sigh-
During class: take notes
Homework: Biozone & more writing.

Basically...I'm waking up 6am in the morning to go to class at 7am to sit in a dull, boring class to take notes that are basically in the Biozone and write until first block start. This doesn't feel IB at all...feels like you will be learning something along the lines of this in a regular Bio class. I'm not asking for more homework because IB isn't about a huge amount of homework (at least, we learn more and the homework comes along with it), it's about learning more...different learning...learning differently...haha. Etc.

I shall conclude this ranting with: Biology 11 SL is boring.

Spent 35 minutes to watch AGENT OF SECRET STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment