Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Cove

I have just finished watching this Documentary that has won the Audience Award for the Best Documentary at the Sundance Film Festival and I also believe it has won an Academy Award as well. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY recommend you watch it and help spread the word around. I'm am still in shock and terrified by what I just saw. I cried so much...watching the beautiful blue waters of an amazing lagoon turn pure red. The underwater camera showed nothing but blood red. Watching from the camera high above, it was that little cove, filled with blood red water and the poor dolphins. D:

Please help spread the word and help.

--
I suddenly just lost all respect I had for the Japanese. As you know, I'm a crazy Japanese anime, music, and fashion fan...but now. Well, I know not everyone in Japan knowsa bout this, but like...those fishermen...what they did. -sigh- Their actions doesn't define every Japanese, but they definitely made a huge impact on my impression of Japan itself and how people can be so cruel...so...I don't even know what to say. What they're doing is just so wrong. So evil. It's disgusting...I felt as if my stomach was twisted multiple times in my body, then pulled out, and minced or whatever...and stuffed right back in my body...

Not really pleasant.

Please watch and support!

14 comments:

  1. We watched this in science :/

    I don't like living in ignorance. If you're interested in learning about these types of things, try watching "Who Killed the Electric Car?" and "Food, Inc.". Both very informative and not too biased documentaries.

    (by biased I mean selective interviews & facts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I have seen "Who Killed teh Electric Car?" and I have heard about "Food, Inc." Don't think it will really make me want to eat anymore, after what I have heard from people. D:

    I watched ummm...another Disney Documentry in the theatre, Earth. That was so pretty<3
    xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mostly watch history documentaries :P

    I don't think I've watched anything by Disney/Pixar in years... at least since I re-watched The Lion King. That's because I don't watch many movies in the first place.

    What do you plan to do for the rest of summer? I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love Disney/Pixar :D

    Hmmm...I will be watching movies, most defintiely, go hang out with some people I haven't seen for ages, stalk some random talented people on dA xD And just chill...watch anime (like I am right now..which is why I'm up at 5:20am in the morning). That's about it...I suppose. Sadly, I won't be going anywhere =S

    You should go chill ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember staying up to exactly 5:20 to finish Code Geass :), but I haven't watched any animes since.

    But yes, I'll probably just go and... CHILL around Minoru Park. Its my favourite place in Richmond d:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Code Geass is AWESOME! <3<3<3
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH~~!!
    If you need any anime recommendations, I'm here :D I'm chasing One Piece right now and I've gotta say, it's wicked. Makes my heart race at the most intense battles and although some stuff are ridiculous, it's funny :D

    Haha~ I chill at home :D
    Hmmmmmmm...I don't think I have a favorite place o-o'''

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should have a walk around the park sometime before summer ends! During the evenings the geese, rabbits, and squirrels are literally everywhere. They're fun to watch. Although if you go a bit later like 6-7, the flies are out, too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, probably will...one day. Not too fond of the park...geese poop D:
    -shudders- the walk to minoru swimming pool from briggy D: My dodging-from-geese-poop skills probably died now. D:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes, geese poop. :0 The geese never go to the spot I usually sit around, the elevated area by the large pond.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh~ I see, I see.
    I can barely remember the park >w<'' I use to go there with my grandma WAY back during elementary...and then ran through it during Terry Fox. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only ran in the Terry Fox run in grade 8, but I had brought my bag with me for some reason. I also still never used my locker at that point. Not fun :)

    I'm going to try to run most of the event this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, yeah, same...I only ran during grade 8...after that, it was just casual jogging and walking and stuff. Well, grade 10, I did kind of run ish. Very mediocre though =S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm.. wanna jog this year's Terry Fox run?

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. perhaps. Depends if I feel tired lol or what I'm carrying o-o''

    ReplyDelete