Sunday, November 10, 2013

week with my uncle here

Due to a huge misunderstanding my uncle is coming on Friday, not Tuesday...I changed my work schedule and now I ended up working every day from Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday (the days I don't have school). In the end, I ended up going out every day...until late. Well, all in all, I wasn't really about to take my uncle around like I intended to.

At least last night I was able to eat king Crab and Peking Duck! It was delicious and my uncle's treat.  Another failure was...due to my constant debit card usage, I'm not able to treat my uncle to a meal either
-sigh- I'm not sure if my constant debit usage is good or bad...I guess I don't exactly like carrying cash around much these days.  Main thing is, after the amazing dinner, I took a walk with my uncle and got to chat with him...it was awesome especially since I'm socially awkward these few days...

...And knowing me, I love hearing "stories" and just people's opinions and life stories.  It was great getting to talk to him in a deeper level..hearing his input on things as well as his perspective on the Cultural Revolution, as opposed to my dad's since my dad was young back then.  I like talking to my dad and my uncle, haha.

Anyways, it just got me thinking I should reflect more.  Reflect on how to improve, rather than only on my negatives or the negatives in general.  And I really need to start searching for what I love...and stop floating around idly.  Knowing my personality, I hate not knowing...but because of my personality, I get bored so easily.  I just can't put my heart to anything...and my lack of confidence and fear of failure made me turn away opportunities I should've and could've taken.

I also need to change my lifestyle...get back to my exercising since my back has been aching like crazy, save up for my trip, learn to give people distance -ahem- I mean you, if you're reading, and learn to appreciate in a way which is not when everything is too late and I have caused a mess.
Hopefully this desire to change will go through. -sigh-

No comments:

Post a Comment