Thursday, March 8, 2012

Another insight

I think this is an insightful insider opinion that should be taken into consideration.

It has been bothering me a lot of how many people keep making the African people or the citizens of third world country seem so pitiful and helpless.  For a while, I have been trying to tell some people around me that I think they want to be treated the same as everybody else and that they want to fix their own problems too.  Many people pity the unfortunate and make them seem like they can't do anything themselves when that really isn't the case.  The African people does not need our pity, our support may be needed, but we can't treat them like they're something else, different than us, and powerless.

Makes me feel relieved to hear someone from Africa who has witness the situation (in this case, Kony's effect) say that they do not want to be seen as helpless, which is something that has been happening for years.
This is one of the reasons why I hate the World Vision ads...
 

1 comment:

  1. D:
    feels like its becoming more and more of a scam,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuvHPDIXHfw

    ReplyDelete