Wednesday, May 4, 2011

yesterday...

is probably going to be a night I won't forget.

After finishing up my biology homework and feeling annoyed with the sirens going on for 10 minutes or so outside my room, I turned around to see if something happened nearby. Before even opening my blinds, I could see that my window blinds were bathed in orange light and I began to panic. When I opened my window, I realized that the building I always pass by (the apartment construction site), was on fire. I still don't know how I feel about it...
but all I could do was stare.

It was horrifying...especially when I realized that I could feel the heat even from my window. My house was pretty close, yet far enough to be safe from the fire. There is probably 2 rows of houses separating us from the fire...and I could feel the heat (it was as hot as when you put your hand near the pot while burning water). So I couldn't imagine how hot it must be for the firefighters.
For hours, I could see the firefighter on the ladder, trying to put out the fire. It's so sad. D:

Anyways, our neighbor experienced power outage and everything was down, including internet and everything. I got my information through the phone with a friend.
Even when I went to 'sleep' the fire was still pretty big.

I learned that a gas station blew up (which was probably the 'explosion' I saw) -- wasn't THAT big, but yeah...because of that...the fire spread more right, towards Garden City road since the left side of the building, towards no. 4, was kind of put out. It was depressing hearing the moaning of the building as it crumbled and fell...

Anyways, I'm going to do some homework and eat. Probably will still go to tutor since I missed school today. I think I got a cold...head pounding...and very tired.

2 comments:

  1. scary...i saw the fire on ctv online news. good to know that you're okay though! feel better (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks <3
    im feeling better =) thank yous. and im glad no one around got hurt...
    was surprised how badly the fire burned from the pictures online. ):

    ReplyDelete