Tuesday, April 13, 2010

science quiz...

I'm angry at my Chapter 4 Science quiz. I got such a low mark...I'm super upset with it. It's really really bad and not because its Asian fail. If you're talking about Asian fail, this is MAJOR Asian fail.

What's with the Asian fail anyways?

So...basically...I got a whole question wrong because I forgot the brackets for the hydroxide...
And I got 5 marks off because of that stupid mistake. The Lewis and Bohr diagram was major fail...and wow, I never knew the diagrams worth 1.5 marks. Usually, on normal tests...1 mark for the diagram and 1 mark for naming the compound, isn't that how it usually works? Or is it just my hallucination. I also did some other stupid stuff because I wasn't reading the questions properly.

Man, I really did really REALLY bad on this ridiculous test that marks really funnily (does that make sense?). I feel that I could do so much better than I did if it weren't for those stupid mistakes I made.

I still don't get how a question where you have to draw a diagram and name the diagram (worth of 2 marks in total)....the diagram would worth 1.5 marks and the naming is only 0.5 marks. It's only fair make them both 1 mark, isn't it?

How do you grade a diagram 1.5 marks? If it's right, it's 1 mark and if it's wrong, you lose that mark. What makes a diagram 0.5 marks? She didn't make the 0.5 marks there for effort as in...you get it because you tried drawing, but it's just there. So if you got 1 mark for the diagram and she took off the 0.5 marks...what makes the mistake you made worth 0.5 mark and not 1 mark? What makes a mistake worth 0.5 mark? What kind of mistake is a 1 mark mistake? What kind of mistake is a 1.5 mark?

So how could Ms. Semi tell that my error is an error of 1.5 marks and not just a 1 mark mistake. How come that mistake 0.5 mark worse than just a 1 mark mistake?

Blah, whatever.
What I'm also upset about with Ms. Semi is that yesterday night, I worked so hard on the 1st lab and the 2nd lab and began rushing the 3rd lab. She told us to hand in the 3rd lab.
I did my questions in pencil...does she want pen or pencil? Does that even matter? I don't get what's the big deal about doing things in pens and pencil? I'm still so confused about what she wants because last time, when Brigitta was doing the lab with me, she ended up using my pencil because she said she had to use a pencil for the observations. Tony asked her if it was okay to use a pen for the observation and she was a little upset.

Does this apply to the rest of the lab or just the observation part of the lab?

I really don't like how she's not explaining everything clearly and when she's upset with something, it's our fault. I'm not just upset with her because of my horrible quiz mark because I have done really horrible in tests and all that so yeah.

I'm use to seeing 'blah!' marks. In the end, I suppose the classes I actually do enjoy is IT and Socials. Even though Ms. Ho does go off track, I do learn...lol. Well, I have fun, it's a class that I can get high at. xD Plus, Ms. Ho is really nice in general. We have pointless projects! Which are very amusing.
I do like English as well. I prefer just listening to Mr. Miller talk though because the things he says are not BS, but you can tell he actually knows his stuff. He's very amazing, says my sister and I agree. He's very wise o-o. Haha and I can tell he truly loves English. Like, the whole entire thing. I do wish to have Ms. White for a year or so and try to see how she's like, but I want Mr. Miller again for one of my IB years because I know I will learn A LOT. He is amazing. xD

I miss art though. Such a nice and creative class so I'm glad I'm taking it next year. I thought I would be taking it alone, not that I mind, but it turns out...Kitty is taking it too! Kitty's art is really really nice. So reborn styled and stuff and she's really amazing in the whole art area. xD So next year, I can admire her works...LIVE! I hope I can handle though...taking 8 courses though.

One thing for sure, I can't wait till gr 12 when I make it and can go to Global Ed! That's a definite course I will absolutely KILL to take. I want to get in Global Ed because I will get to experience something I will NEVER EVER get to do again, I will make new friends with different people and I can help others who are in need. The experience will definitely help me become a more understand and better person instead of moping around all day. xD Anyways, yupyup. That's why when my dad told me I can go on one trip (like my sister got to)...I chose to rather go to Global Ed than to Stratford or Florida. Florida, I could always go to when I'm older or something...it's something I can do with my family. As for Stratford, although I love Shakespeare (just an interest of mine since I was younger), I could always still go to Stratford when I'm older. It's not something that's only reserved for school and ONLY schools can go to and blah blah blah. Plus, I want to go to Stratford in my later years, when I appreciate English and understand while loving it way more than I do now. I think that will make the trip much more enjoyable and etc..

I procrastinated again..

No comments:

Post a Comment